Preliminary Layout
“Preliminary Layout”
Portfolio Project
Cover:
Main image- A glossy front cover featuring a woman who promotes/ sells ecofriendly beauty and fashion products. Example: Sali Hughes, Nia Thomas, Taylor Jay, Valerie Madison etc. Or feature an ecofriendly beauty/ clothes product by any ecofriendly woman designer. I have not decided what would be more attention grabbing. I’m torn between featuring a woman versus a product because I don’t know what would be more eye catching to a young woman.
Typography and font- Classy, girly and elegant font. (including some cursive font) Example: Modern Love (that is a font) or some other downloadable font I can find that is similar. I want to do a mix of a different fonts on the front cover rather than just one because I think it would be more eye catching with more fun fonts.
Masthead- Example: Green Beauty, Women helping the Environment, Environmental Beauty. I’m tied between Green Beauty and Environmental Beauty because I haven’t decided what sounds better. Both would be fit for the magazine I’m doing. The “green” in Green Beauty has the same meaning as the other title I had which was “Environmental Beauty”. I feel like environmental sounds better, but I haven’t made up my mind yet.
Selling line- Be beautiful and educated! Or Women Making a Difference. I think I like the first better because of my overall concept but I haven’t fully decided yet.
Feature article:
Title- About (A name of an ecofriendly fashion/ makeup business by a woman.) I have listed some above that created and sell ecofriendly clothes and makeup. I haven’t decided which I want to feature in my article yet because they are all inspiring women and would be equally as good as a feature article.
Content- Give the audience a bit of background about the designer. Including a description of their company and what they do and sell that is ecofriendly and benefits our environment. Including clothes, beauty products, jewelry etc.
Image ideas- Images of all the clothes/ beauty products made by (above) to give a visual to the reader.
Content page:
Styling- Girly, elegant, and colorful. (Including pinks and greens etc.) The green symbolizes environmental while the pink adds girliness to it. Also, including some graphics of some ecofriendly products to add a visual aspect and intrigue the reader into reading the rest of the articles listed.
Title Ideas- “Contents”. This is simple, basic, and straight to the point and leaves no room for interpretation. Most magazines use that as the title for their content page.
Article Title Ideas- About (above), What Being Beautiful and Educated Means, Cruelty free makeup products, Cruelty free clothes, How to Make a Difference etc. All of my titles will relate to my concept.
Comments
Post a Comment