Production 1- Researching

    Last week in class, I started researching local eco-friendly beauty places to find someone to interview for my feature article about how the beauty industry is becoming more Earth-friendly. I stumbled upon an eco-friendly beauty spa in my area called Bloom Organics. I wanted to talk to someone who works in this spa because I know they are educated in eco-friendly beauty and eco-friendly beauty products. I contacted the spa via email through their website, and sure enough, I got a response a couple of days later. I then emailed back and forth with the owner regarding the interview, my project, and what it's about. After many back and forth emails, she agreed to talk to me on the phone. I just needed to send her the questions I'm going to ask so she can prepare for the phone call interview. I am currently preparing the questions to send her via email, so I can schedule an official date and time to talk to her. I'm thinking the week after Christmas because everyone's super busy right now. After all, it's holiday time. So I have been working on that, and I've also been trying to brainstorm places I could go that would know about eco-friendly beauty and what the beauty industry is doing to cater to that, and what the difference is between earth-friendly products versus factory manufactured projects. I thought, what better place than a makeup store or department store! I've decided over break after the week of Christmas; I'm going to Sephora and Macy's at my local mall, which both sell makeup. I want to discuss with some of the employees about different eco-friendly beauty products and what products they know are harmfully affecting the environment, and what brands are harming the environment versus helping the environment. I also want to visit my local Ulta and ask the same questions to the employees there. After discussing my ideas with my peers, I decided the best time to visit these places would be earlier in the day, preferably in the morning because that's when there are fewer customers, giving me a chance to have more time to talk and discuss with different employees. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Production 8- Finalizing

To Team or Not to Team