Storyboard

    Last week in class, we started storyboarding for our portfolio project. I've been working on a storyboard for an eco-friendly beauty and fashion magazine. It was a bit challenging at first because I had to figure out how to come up with a design for my front cover. I was stumped on that for a little while, and then I got some inspiration online and decided that I'm going to configure a bunch of different products, flowers, and leaves set all up in an aesthetically pleasing way on a white background. I'm going to set this up and take the photo myself. I love being creative, so I enjoyed the drawing and coloring elements. I also enjoyed exploring different fonts.. Being creative is vital in creating a successful magazine that will catch people's attention. While reading "Storyboard your way to success" I learned that educating yourself on creativity and the storyboarding process is key to creating a successful finished product. A storyboard can help you devise a creative concept. There flexible, comprehensive, and help generate creative ideas. As I was creating my storyboard, I did develop some ideas. Initially, I would do a natural-looking background outside, but I decided to set myself apart from others by taking the initiative to set up and photograph an aesthetically alluring beauty and nature background to try and look like a legit magazine. That was one of the changes I made while working on my storyboard. I also changed some of the additional titles that I originally had on my preliminary layout to make them more eye-catching and appealing. I also changed my color scheme a bit and added yellow as well as the other colors I mentioned before. "Filmmaking across the curriculum: a beginner's guide" discusses how Disney is one of the many companies that use the storyboarding technique to achieve full animation. It's a billion-dollar company, which shows how important storyboarding is to create a successful project. Developing a magazine is very similar to developing a film when it comes to the production process. They both require a lot of planning and storyboarding to come out as the best possible product. A lot of the skills you learn when filmmaking is similar to when creating a magazine. You develop more creative and thinking skills, problem-solving skills, data classification skills, literacy skills, and time management and planning skills. All of these skills are essential to developing and creating an eye-catching magazine. The whole process took my vision and put it on paper. Storyboarding helped me enhance my concept and get all the details figured out. Overall, this was very fun to create and will guide me when I need to create my final draft. 

   





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Production 8- Finalizing

To Team or Not to Team