Peer Review
Last week in class, I presented my magazine that I have been working on for the past couple of months in InDesign. I got mostly good feedback and then some critics that could benefit my magazine before my final submission. Some of the excellent feedback I got from peers was that they all loved my cover page picture, how my magazine was consistent with the color scheme and photos throughout, and how my content page was so organized. However, there is always room for improvement. Starting with my front cover, I should use a different font for my masthead, so it stands out. Since I have two selling lines, I should bring both of them under the title on either side rather than having one under the title and one at the bottom of the magazine. This is because the one selling line at the bottom of the page, while the other is under the title, could confuse a reader. The only critics I got for my content page was to remove the parentheses around the page numbers, make the numbers smaller compared to the titles, and make the page numbers broad and random rather than only up to fifteen. I will edit this because I want to make my magazine look as real as possible, and doing this, will help me achieve my goal. Moving on to my feature articles. One thing I need to fix is the background color of my two feature article pages. When I was importing my files into Blogger, I had some technical issues, and my yellow background wasn't showing up on either page, leaving me with two white backgrounds. Some of my classmates had this issue, so I will look into this and fix it before my final submission. My feature article was very wordy, and my peers suggested that I maybe edit down the article a bit because of my targeted audience. Still, I am not sure if I will do that because although, yes, it is a long article, it is filled with essential information and knowledge. All the images on both pages of my feature article were consistently on one column on one side of the page. I was given several different solutions to add a more creative and fun aspect to my feature article without cutting out some of the words. I could do this either by shrinking the photos and making a border with them around the page or putting pictures between paragraphs to break up the article. I will play around with this in Indesign and see what looks best. The only other suggestion given was to bold the beauty companies' names in my article to make sure they are seen loud clear. I will be doing that. My magazine's peer review was super helpful and beneficial because I could visually see what I could do better to create the best final product before my last submission.
Comments
Post a Comment